What the Heck?

Well, actually, its "What the Health".  While this food documentary is undoubtedly representing a one-sided view point, there's plenty of scientific evidence to support the benefits of at least trying a vegan diet.  We're not saying we'll stick with it forever, but we do think its worth a shot for a sustained period of time so we can see how we, personally, feel over the duration of the experiment.

There are of course a myriad of benefits to eating less or no meat or fish.  From a lighter toll on the environment (producing meat is far more resource intensive than plant-based diets), to animal welfare, to limiting exposure to antibiotics and hormones given to feed animals, to mention but a few. These are all added benefits, and considerations as we explore this food-based journey.

I'll be spending the balance of this week using up as much non-plant based items as we can and clearing out the rest from my pantry and fridge.  I have to admit, it's looking a little sullen in there already given we've been planning for this for a few weeks and our stocks are getting awfully low.

I'm looking forward to a trip to the Boulder Farmers Market on Saturday morning to beef up on some of summer's peak fruit and vegetable supplies, not to mention the beans and grains I already have on order!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 - The Great American Eclipse - Monday August 21

Vegan Banana Muffins

I Love Food!