I Love Food!

I REALLY love food.  When I'm not thinking about my family or work, chances are I'm thinking about food.  I garden to grow food to cook with, I own over 150 cookbooks (and that's not including the countless cooking magazines in my pantry), heck, I'm even writing a cookbook for family & friends!

Not only do I love food, but I especially love dairy (particularly eggs, cheese and butter, my husband sometimes jokes that I "take a little bit of bread with my butter"), and of course I love fish and meat.   Ooooohhh, meat.  Growing up in Bavaria, Germany, sliced meats and sausages are such an ingrained part of the culture its almost like Beer and Oktoberfest - they are synonymous!  One of my favorite recipes in my cookbook is Rindertartar (beef tatare), yes, raw meat, the way my Oma (Grandma) used to make it.

So it seems rather strange, that starting next week, my family is undertaking a two month experiment in Vegan-ism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 - The Great American Eclipse - Monday August 21

Vegan Banana Muffins