Vegan Banana Muffins

I'm struggling to find vegan recipes that I'll really enjoy for breakfast given the inability to use eggs, but I thought I'd try out a Banana Muffin recipe since it could double for something in the kids lunchboxes this coming week.  Adapted from a recipe I found on AllRecipes, I think these turned out pretty great.  The kids and hubby enjoyed them too.  The key to the hubby was the crunchy top, be sure to bake them long enough to achieve that consistency.

Vegan Banana Muffins
(Vegan)



Ingredients:
Dry ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup superfine (bakers) sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (or 1 teaspoon pre-ground nutmeg)

Wet ingredients:
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (approximately 4 bananas)
1 cup rice milk
1 cup grapeseed oil

confectioners sugar to serve

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit / 175 degrees celcius.  Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.  Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.  Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well, to combine the oil in with the banana and rice milk.  Then pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until everything is just combined.  Use an ice cream scoop to scoop even sized amounts into the muffin tin, then bake 30 - 35 minutes until a wooden skewer comes out clean and the top is crisp.  Remove from the oven to cool slightly, then serve by sprinkling with confectioners sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 - The Great American Eclipse - Monday August 21

I Love Food!